Blackie's is always available for your questions. Following are some of the more frequently asked questions.
What Should I Know And Ask Before Hiring a Heating & Air Professional?
Blackie's, with more than 80+ years experience, can answer YES to all below:
- Do they carry adequate liability insurance protecting your property and mechanics? Request copy of insurance certificate.
- Do they have a valid business license to do heating and air conditioning work? Request a copy of license.
- How many years have they been in business? Many businesses fail in the first 4 years and leave their customers "hanging". Ask for references of work done 10, 15, or 25 years ago.
- Do they have an actual office location with a full time office staff to handle your needs when the boss is away?
- Do they use their own mechanics or subcontract others labor? Subcontract labor often lacks quality control and adequate insurance coverage.
- Do they have 24 hr emergency service? Is it a service or tape machine? all and check their response time after normal hours.
- Do they have an adequate number of factory trained technicians and radio dispatched trucks to give you fast service in extreme weather conditions?
- Are their technicians certified in the use and handling of reclamation equipment required by the 1992 federal Clean Air Act regulations? Ask for a certification card; we must protect our atmosphere and mother earth.
- Is the system properly sized and designed to assure your total comfort? An oversized system is just as uncomfortable as an undersized system.
- What about the warranties on equipment and labor? Will I get it in writing?
What is The Best Heating/Cooling System For Me?
To answer this, let us visit your home, office or factory. We will measure up, look at available power, gas and water supplies, evaluate your needs and recommend a solution that's right for you.
What Brands Do You Recommend?
We supply and install many of the leading brands on the market. We will help you choose the brand/make that best suits your requirements. Our objectives are to supply and install equipment that is highly energy efficient (low running cost), high quality, technologically advanced, environmentally friendly and affordable to ensure your peace of mind, within your budget.
Who Will Install My Equipment?
We employ licensed, experienced Tradesmen - Heating and Air Conditioning Specialists, Refrigeration Mechanics and Electricians.